At OTIP we recognize that not all worthy causes are linked to registered charities. Within the education community, there are many member-led projects or initiatives in schools that support learning, provide an enriched experience or provide help to those who need it. We want to support initiatives that are important to our members by donating $5,000 to four great projects in 2017.
Any member of the education community in the Ontario Public, Catholic or French system can apply for funding for their project. Projects or initiatives must be shown to positively impact the lives of students or educators. Requests do not have to be linked to a registered charity.
Entries must be made via a short video (no longer than five minutes), and permission must be granted for OTIP to use the videos on social streams and its website.
Projects that would qualify for funding include but are not limited to:
- School nutritional programs;
- Purchase of musical instruments or band equipment;
- New playground equipment;
- Environmental initiatives like gardens or tree planting;
- Art supplies or programs.
Funding is not provided for:
- Capital projects, such as school additions, replacing buildings or facilities etc.
- Administration or operating costs such as salaries, utilities
Rules and Regulations
How to Apply
- Create a short video (less than five minutes) outlining your project
- Fill out the application form on our website
- Submit your idea!
Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2017.
Between April 1 and 15, 2017, OTIP will review video applications to ensure they meet the criteria. The draw will take place on April 17. Winners will be notified during the last week of April, with the winning videos posted on otip.com and social media on May 1, 2017.